Dental Veneers Newport Beach California
Schedule Your Visit
With over 20 years of experience in creating dental veneers in Newport Beach, California that beautifully enhance a patient’s smile, cosmetic dentist Dr. Hawary can transform any smile from unpleasing to fantastic in just a few days, if that is your desire. Dental veneers can be made to match or replace your natural teeth. You can customize your tooth length, width, size, color, translucency, texture, shape, and form with veneers to get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Porcelain Veneers Newport Beach
The best candidates for porcelain veneers in Newport Beach would like more than a minor change to the shape of their teeth, but less of a change than the extensive shaping required with crowns. Veneers can disguise discoloration caused by root canal treatment, tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride use, or the presence of large resin fillings.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers in Newport Beach CA:
- Resist discoloration and staining
- Very natural appearance
- Gum tissues tolerate porcelain well
- Requires less invasive procedure than for crowns
- They are a permanent fix that can be applied in two visits
Dental veneers are thin shells that are custom-made to adhere to the front of the natural tooth. The longest-lasting and most natural looking dental veneers are made from extra high-quality porcelain. Veneers are a strong, stain-resistant, and long-lasting remedy for most of the aesthetic issues an individual can have with their teeth: misalignment, uneven shape, abnormal spacing, worn edges, chips, cracks, breakage, and discoloration.
Veneers Newport Beach, CA
Veneers are bonded to the teeth much like acrylic fingernails are bonded to the natural nail. The surface of each treated tooth must be roughened with etching to ensure the best possible bond. Once this bond is established, the veneer is basically a part of the natural tooth. Along with the etching of the tooth surface, about 0.1 to 0.5 millimeters of enamel is removed from the edges of the natural tooth and replaced with the veneer. If a porcelain veneer becomes cracked or chipped, it must be completely replaced rather than repaired. Veneers can be made to be as thin as a contact lens or thicker to conceal discoloration or other problems.
The Art of Dentistry Institute also offers prepless veneers in Newport Beach, CA. Prepless veneers are veneers that are bonded to the surface of your teeth, with no or limited tooth structure being removed or reshaped in preparation to receive the veneers. They can be appropriate to correct some conditions such as reshaping teeth that are too small.
How Long Can Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers will last for years with good care and maintenance. However the lifespan of veneers can vary depending on many factors including the quality of the veneers, the patient’s oral hygiene and habits, and the skill of the dentist who placed the veneers. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can help to prolong the life of your veneers.
What Can’t You Eat With Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can be damaged by hard and crunchy foods such as ice, hard candy and popcorn kernels. Biting down on hard objects including pens or fingernails as well as excessive consumption of starchy or sugary foods can lead to tooth decay and gum disease which also damages veneers. It is recommended to avoid biting or chewing on hard or crunchy foods, especially with the front teeth because this can lead to chipping or cracking of the veneers. It is also important to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing daily in order to keep your veneers and underlying teeth clean and healthy.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer a range of advantages such as:
- Veneers can improve the appearance of teeth that are stained, discolored, or misshapen, closing gaps between teeth and creating a symmetrical smile.
- Made of porcelain which is a strong and durable material that is able to withstand daily wear and tear.
- Porcelain veneers are also low maintenance, they require only regular oral hygiene practices and dental check-ups.
- Long-lasting, with proper care they are able to last for many years.
- Porcelain Veneers also require minimal tooth removal which helps to preserve as much of the original tooth as possible.
- Quick treatment, procedures can be completed in as little as two dental visits.
- Customizable to match the shape, size, and color of surrounding teeth for a natural look.
- Versatile in correcting a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues.
- Porcelain veneers also help to promote better oral hygiene by removing decay and plaque from the tooth surface.
During the initial consultation for veneers in Newport Beach, CA, all aspects of a patient’s smile are assessed to help determine the best treatment plan and to ensure that the most aesthetically pleasing result is achieved. We at Art of Dentistry Institute want to ensure that your desired results are achieved in the best possible way. To find out if you are a candidate for dental veneers in Newport Beach, contact us at 949-955-3366 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!