Dental Veneers Irvine California
Schedule Your Visit
With over 20 years of experience in creating dental veneers in Irvine, California that beautifully enhance a patient’s smile, cosmetic dentist Dr. Hawary can transform any smile from unpleasing to fantastic in just a few days, if that is your desire. Dental veneers can be made to match or replace your natural teeth. You can customize your tooth length, width, size, color, translucency, texture, shape, and form with veneers to get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Porcelain Veneers Irvine
The best candidates for porcelain veneers in Irvine would like more than a minor change to the shape of their teeth, but less of a change than the extensive shaping required with crowns. Veneers can disguise discoloration caused by root canal treatment, tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride use, or the presence of large resin fillings.
Advantages of Porcelain Veneers in Irvine CA:
- Resist discoloration and staining
- Very natural appearance
- Gum tissues tolerate porcelain well
- Requires less invasive procedure than for crowns
- They are a permanent fix that can be applied in two visits
Dental veneers are thin shells that are custom-made to adhere to the front of the natural tooth. The longest-lasting and most natural looking dental veneers are made from extra high-quality porcelain. Veneers are a strong, stain-resistant, and long-lasting remedy for most of the aesthetic issues an individual can have with their teeth: misalignment, uneven shape, abnormal spacing, worn edges, chips, cracks, breakage, and discoloration.
Veneers Irvine, CA
Veneers are bonded to the teeth much like acrylic fingernails are bonded to the natural nail. The surface of each treated tooth must be roughened with etching to ensure the best possible bond. Once this bond is established, the veneer is basically a part of the natural tooth. Along with the etching of the tooth surface, about 0.1 to 0.5 millimeters of enamel is removed from the edges of the natural tooth and replaced with the veneer. If a porcelain veneer becomes cracked or chipped, it must be completely replaced rather than repaired. Veneers can be made to be as thin as a contact lens or thicker to conceal discoloration or other problems.
The Art of Dentistry Institute also offers prepless veneers in Irvine, CA. Prepless veneers are veneers that are bonded to the surface of your teeth, with no or limited tooth structure being removed or reshaped in preparation to receive the veneers. They can be appropriate to correct some conditions such as reshaping teeth that are too small.
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers can last for years with proper care and maintenance. However, the lifespan of veneers can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the veneers, the patient’s oral hygiene and habits, and the skill of the dentist who placed the veneers. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings can aid in prolonging the life of veneers.
What You Should Not Eat With Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are both durable and stain resistant. We often tell our patients, “anything that can break a normal tooth would also break a veneer.” Just as you would with normal teeth, try to chew harder foods such as carrots and apples with your molars (back teeth) instead of your front teeth that are much thinner.
In order to maintain the veneers and underlying teeth it is important to keep up on your oral hygiene routine at home to continue preventing the risk of tooth decay and gum disease. You can do this by brushing and flossing twice a day morning and night.
What are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers offer many benefits:
- Aesthetics: Veneers can improve the appearance of teeth that are stained, discolored ,chipped, cracked or misshapen. They can also be used to close gaps between teeth (diastemas) or to create a more symmetrical smile.
- Durability: Veneers are made of porcelain, a strong and durable material that can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use.
- Low Maintenance: Veneers do not require special care and maintenance, just regular oral hygiene practices such as brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
- Longevity: With proper care, veneers can last for many years.
- Minimal Tooth Removal: Veneers also require minimal tooth removal. They are able to preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible.
- Quick Treatment: Veneers can be placed in as little as two dental visits.
- Customization: Veneers can be customized to match the shape, size, and color of the surrounding teeth to give a natural look.
- Versatility: Veneers can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic dental issues.
- Better Oral Hygiene: When veneers are placed, the tooth surface is prepared by removing any decay and plaque, leading to a cleaner and healthier tooth surface.
During the initial consultation for veneers in Irvine, CA, all aspects of a patient’s smile are assessed to help determine the best treatment plan and to ensure that the most aesthetically pleasing result is achieved. We at Art of Dentistry Institute want to ensure that your desired results are achieved in the best possible way. To find out if you are a candidate for dental veneers in Irvine, contact us at 949-955-3366 to schedule a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!